Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Cyanotype Experiment Advancement

As an experiment I decided to create a cyanotype. I had previous created a cyanotype as my first experiment, and although this worked well I wanted to create a second one with more elements added into the design of my original Photoshop document. Below you can see the update version of my Photoshop document, in the first attempt I did not add a background image to my other images, but in this version I did, I aimed for this to give a more 'twisted' and 'creepy' feel to my work.


I started by printing out my Photoshop document and taking it to be printed onto a special type of paper called acetate. This removed all colour apart from the black sections of my image. After I'd printed this version onto acetate, I then placed this piece of material above a painted piece of paper and placed it under a light box for over an hour. This printed the design onto the paper, although it was inverted. I then ran the piece of paper under cold water once it was complete and allowed it to dry.



This was the outcome of my experiment advancements. As you can see the background imagery suits the style of the images much more than the previous cyanotype I created.




No comments:

Post a Comment